COMING BY CAR
- Take the highway Autostrada A1 Rome-Naples, (IMPORTANT: Before Naples, in Caserta, there are directional signboards for the Amalfi Coast; be careful to dont follow them because they would bring you on a much longer route).
- Continue onto E45 (signs for Salerno Reggio Calabria).
Merge onto Austostrada A3.
- Exit at Castellammare di Stabia and follow the signs to Sorrento. Before you reach Sorrento youll begin to see signs to Positano and the Amalfi Coast, follow them, and 7 kilometers after Positano you will be in Praiano. Our hotel parking is at the end of the town, on your right. Take the elevator down to the reception: floor -6.
The journey lasts approximately 4 hours
from Rome and 1 hour and half from Naples.
Read carefully our tips below both if you have a GPS or not.
- If you put Praiano in your Sat-Nav, it will give you a completely different route letting you drive down to Vietri sul Mare making your trip last much longer. Our suggestion is to put at the beginning of your journey Meta as your destination, (its an hamlet of Sorrento) and once you reach it, put Praiano: In this way youll be sure to take the best route.
- Also if the route explained above is the most comfortable one, in summer it gets packed with traffic so we recommend a different one: at the beginning of your trip put Agerola as your destination and once youre there put Praiano.
- If you dont have the GPS, after some kilometres from the exit of the highway of Castellammare di Stabia, immediately after a tunnel, turn the right for Gragnano and follow the signs to Agerola. Once you are in Agerola follow the sings to Amalfi, and a couple of kilometres before it youll find yourself in an intersection with signs to Positano,(as a referring point, theres a bar at this intersection called POSAFLORA), turn right at the intersection and go straight on this road for 6 kilometers until youll reach Praiano and find our hotel parking on your left. Take the elevator to the reception at floor -6.
Coming from Southern Italy
- From the south, take the highway Autostrada Reggio Calabria-Salerno and take the exit to Salerno Costiera Amalfitana. From Puglia, take the highway Autostrada Bari-Napoli, take the exit to Avellino and then take the freeway Avellino-Salerno. In both cases reach Vietri sul Mare and then keep going straight on the main road to Amalfi. Praiano is 7km after Amalfi and youll find our hotel parking on your left. Take the elevator to the reception at floor -6.